We Have Motion
Big Baby G breakthrough the other day - yours truly finally felt the little one move in Mommy G's belly!
Over the last several weeks, we'd be sitting on the couch or reading in bed, and Mommy G would make a remark about how the baby was squirming or kicking or whatever. So I would dutifully lean over and put my hand on her stomach, only to have the movement immediately stop. All I could feel was her belly shake as she laughed - foiled again. It was like Baby G knew I was coming. (Mommy G claimed that I had a calming effect, and threatened to make me the fixer whenever Baby G got crabby.)
But a few days ago, Baby G finally cooperated and continued her squirming for me. Wild experience - like a little gyroscopic soda can rolling around inside her mother. Hard to believe that in a little more than three months, she'll be squirming around out here in the real world...
Over the last several weeks, we'd be sitting on the couch or reading in bed, and Mommy G would make a remark about how the baby was squirming or kicking or whatever. So I would dutifully lean over and put my hand on her stomach, only to have the movement immediately stop. All I could feel was her belly shake as she laughed - foiled again. It was like Baby G knew I was coming. (Mommy G claimed that I had a calming effect, and threatened to make me the fixer whenever Baby G got crabby.)
But a few days ago, Baby G finally cooperated and continued her squirming for me. Wild experience - like a little gyroscopic soda can rolling around inside her mother. Hard to believe that in a little more than three months, she'll be squirming around out here in the real world...
Comments