Last Week of the 2nd Trimester - 24 weeks!
The weeks are seeming to fly by lately - every Monday seems to come as a surprise. Daddy G and I are scrambling to at least finish ordering furniture for the nursery before the 3rd trimester and Notre Dame Football kick in :) Despite Daddy G's rant below about the amount of time it takes to get a crib, we actually were fortunate enough to find a store that actually has a warehouse so they have a decent amount of things actually in stock locally. So, we were able to get it and put it together so it now stands as the lone piece of baby furniture in the nursery waiting for its companions!
In case anyone is curious - here is a photo of the crib we decided on. Sadly it seems as
though getting a dresser will probably actually take the dreaded 8-12 weeks to arrive unless I can find somewhere in Santa Barbara that might have it in stock.
So, as the 2nd trimester winds down, here is what is going on with Baby G:
In case anyone is curious - here is a photo of the crib we decided on. Sadly it seems as
though getting a dresser will probably actually take the dreaded 8-12 weeks to arrive unless I can find somewhere in Santa Barbara that might have it in stock.So, as the 2nd trimester winds down, here is what is going on with Baby G:
- She weighs a little over a pound
- She is about 8 1/2 inches long
- Her unique hand and footprints are forming
- She may have bouts of hiccups! I don't think she has had any of these yet - or at least I haven't been able to figure out that they are hiccups. Let's hope she keeps those to a minimum!
- We are also told that she may now start to respond to sounds and touch from outside the womb, although she has yet to respond to her father's loving shouts of "Are you in there?? Can you hear me??" :) Perhaps she will respond better to the shouts of "GO IRISH!" that will surround her soon. We'll keep you posted....
I am still feeling pretty good other than my inability to sleep for periods of more than about an hour and a half. I'm hoping its just a phase!
We're headed down to Santa Barbara this weekend to see Kristen, Tom and Baby Blabey and also for Jason's big wedding day! Hope you are all having a great week and I'll try to get Daddy G to post again soon!
Comments