The Dress (and train and veil) makes the girl...

This morning when I turned on the TV the show that happened to come on was a show recapping Charles and Diana's wedding from 3 decades ago. Normally I would have watched for a minute or two and moved on, but since the recent wedding of Princess Catherine (in Anna's mind Prince William was really just a face in the crowd), Anna has become obsessed with weddings. Especially weddings that include dresses with long trains and veils. In fact recently she informed me that when she gets married she is going to have a train so long that she is going to need a party bus.

So, given the extraordinarily large train and veil worn by Princess Diana I called Anna over and we settled in for a little royal wedding watching. The following is the photo that inspired this blog post - Anna sees Princess Diana's train for the first time.

Pure joy and amazement

She later decided to do her best impression of the bride. I don't recall seeing pink fuzzy slippers under her dress but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure Princess Diana would rather have been wearing these slippers than what she was wearing.

And of course, her best princess wave

Comments

Popular Posts