Only 10 more weeks to go!

Hello All - I apologize for the lack of postings recently but things have been very busy around here. We have both wonderful news and sad news that has come since my last posting. The wonderful news being that our dear friends the Blabeys have a healthy baby girl (4+ weeks early!) She is absolutely adorable and we are so happy for them. The sad news is that Zach's grandmother Mary (profiled in our previous blog entry) passed away this past Saturday. So Zach is currently on his way to to Wisconsin to be with his family during this difficult time. It brings back memories for me of my own grandmother's death 9 months ago and I know how hard it must be for everyone in the family.

Since my last posting we also traveled to Santa Barbara for my baby shower and also Kristen's baby shower (which came just in time for her - none of us knowing she would have a baby arrive just a few days later!). We all had a wonderful time at both showers - thanks so much to Kristen and my Mom for throwing me such a fun shower - and thanks also to everyone in Santa Barbara who was able to join us.

And I have now reached the milestone of 30 weeks! I can't believe there are only 10 weeks left - or as I have so recently been reminded - 10 weeks left "in theory"..... Luckily the dresser for the baby's room has arrived so as soon as Daddy G gets back into town he can put that together and we can start putting some of the stuff away that is scattered around the baby's room right now. The only major piece of furniture we will still be missing is the Glider which won't arrive for a while still.

As for Baby G, I had an appointment with the doctor last Friday and all indications are that things are progressing well. At my next appointment in 3 weeks they will likely do an ultrasound to see if Baby G has decided to get in the head down position yet or whether she's holding out...


In the next month we have our newborn care, childbirth, and nursing classes so hopefully we'll feel at least a little prepared for what is to come :) I'm pretty sure we need to schedule a hospital tour sometime soon as well - better add that to my to-do list! Baby G continues to remind me even more often now of her presence... today I had an especially forceful jab and I could feel whatever it was that she was jabbing me with from the outside and eventually had to push it back into place! Not sure what that was all about :) As she continues to grow and run out of space I'm sure that will be a fairly commonplace occurrence though. She's about 16 inches in length now and weighs 2.5 - 3 pounds. The books says that she will now only grow a few more inches before birth but obviously still needs to at least double her weight. It also says she may be able to track light with her eyes - it even suggests trying to shine a flashlight over my belly in a dim room and see if she reacts. I'm not sure how I feel about that little experiment, but now that I have suggested it I have a sneaking suspicion I may wake up one night to Daddy G shining a flashlight at me and cheering on Baby G to react...

Well that's about it for now - sorry for the long posting! Hope all is well with everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts