Crunch Time To Do List

As Mommy G mentioned in her last entry, we've recently been reminded that you have to be prepared for these little bundles of joy to arrive a bit ahead of schedule. Our good friend Kristen went in for a routine checkup a couple weeks ago and ended up getting induced that day - 5 weeks early! Here we are with 10 weeks left, so I guess it's time to finish off a few things. And by "a few", I mean a freaking boatload. Here's what's on my list as of today:

  • Figure out our plans for Maternity Leave. (I have a feeling this will inspire its own future post, so I'll say no more at this point.)
  • Assemble our combo dresser and changing table. And start to organize the piles of clothes and whatnot that hopefully will fit inside.
  • Patch and touch-up paint the nursery. I told Mommy G that I wasn't going to paint the room some baby-specific color, as it already has a fairly nice coat of white on it and I had no intention of re-painting it white whenever we decide to sell the place. However, there are a fair number of nicks and scratches and nail holes that I probably will never get around to patching and painting over if I don't do it before junior arrives.
  • Figure out where to put the remaining furniture (TV stand and small file cabinet) from the guest room now that there's no room for it in the carefully redesigned nursury.
  • Mount the new TV to the wall in the nursery.
  • Assemble the swing and pick up a pallet of D batteries from Costco.
  • Assemble the playpen.
  • And probably several other things that I'm not aware of yet...

Oh, and did I mention that Baby G still needs a name?

Comments

Popular Posts