Catching Up: Odds and Ends
I've been offline for a while, so here are a few items of note that I should have written about sooner...
The Playgroup is Growing
If you take a look to the right, you'll notice a new feature underneath Baby G's first photo - a blogroll we're affectionately calling "Baby G's Playgroup". It's basically a list of blogs created by our friends who have recently welcomed a child into the world or are expecting one in the near future. Feel free to browse through them and get to know some of our friends and their kids...
Daddy Means Playtime
Keeping with the play theme, I managed to play my first game with Baby G the other night, fully 2 months before she is due. I've decided to call it the poking game. Here's how it works: I poke Mommy G in the belly, and Baby G pokes (or punches or kicks) back. It's great fun for all, with the possible exception of Mommy G. Pregnant dads, try this one at home.
Where Has All The Floorspace Gone?
Just when we finally found a place for all of the wedding gifts that were cluttering up the house, we had to go and get pregnant. What open space we had been able to clear off has quickly been reclaimed by a crib; a bouncer; piles of clothes, books, and toys; and various boxes of things yet to be assembled (dresser/changing table, playpen, swing, etc.) We even replaced my old college TV - may it rest in peace - with a 26" LCD that we can mount to the wall in the nursery in the interest of preserving 6 precious square feet. The upside is that now I can watch local network stations in HD while I'm spending untold hours upstairs with a fussy newborn.
The Playgroup is Growing
If you take a look to the right, you'll notice a new feature underneath Baby G's first photo - a blogroll we're affectionately calling "Baby G's Playgroup". It's basically a list of blogs created by our friends who have recently welcomed a child into the world or are expecting one in the near future. Feel free to browse through them and get to know some of our friends and their kids...
- "Baby" Gagnon, due in March to my best man Justin and his wife Allison.
- Cyanne Blabey, born in late September to Mommy G's matron of honor Kristen and her husband Tom. (It's pronounced "Sy-Anne" like the printer color, not "Ky-Anne" like the pepper.)
- Claudia Romero, born in May to my college buddy Michael and his wife Katie.
- Mateo Miller, adopted from Guatemala in 2006 by my former client and good friend from Oregon, Sarah, and her husband Matt.
- Nora Holmes, born in 2006 to my college buddy Jeff and his wife Elizabeth.
Daddy Means Playtime
Keeping with the play theme, I managed to play my first game with Baby G the other night, fully 2 months before she is due. I've decided to call it the poking game. Here's how it works: I poke Mommy G in the belly, and Baby G pokes (or punches or kicks) back. It's great fun for all, with the possible exception of Mommy G. Pregnant dads, try this one at home.
Where Has All The Floorspace Gone?
Just when we finally found a place for all of the wedding gifts that were cluttering up the house, we had to go and get pregnant. What open space we had been able to clear off has quickly been reclaimed by a crib; a bouncer; piles of clothes, books, and toys; and various boxes of things yet to be assembled (dresser/changing table, playpen, swing, etc.) We even replaced my old college TV - may it rest in peace - with a 26" LCD that we can mount to the wall in the nursery in the interest of preserving 6 precious square feet. The upside is that now I can watch local network stations in HD while I'm spending untold hours upstairs with a fussy newborn.
Comments