The Family Winery
This Mother's Day we had "Gaga" Eileen staying with us so the kids (and Zach) had two of us to pamper :) They kicked off the day with breakfast in bed for both of us then told us to get dressed for an "adventure"! We hopped in the car and headed north and after quite a drive through Sonoma we arrived...
I had recently seen the winery listed as a sponsor of a local event, and amused by the name I looked it up. It looked so beautiful I told Zach we needed to go there sometime.
We arrived at the tasting room and although not the actual owners of the winery, we felt right at home. We were the only people there. The kids made friends with the winemaker's dog, Rampage, and we settled in for our free tasting.
After the tasting we headed out to the picnic area for lunch, an extra tasting of wine in hand.
I had recently seen the winery listed as a sponsor of a local event, and amused by the name I looked it up. It looked so beautiful I told Zach we needed to go there sometime.
We arrived at the tasting room and although not the actual owners of the winery, we felt right at home. We were the only people there. The kids made friends with the winemaker's dog, Rampage, and we settled in for our free tasting.
Playing fetch
Yes, that's our kids playing behind the bar with Rampage...
The vino...
After the tasting we headed out to the picnic area for lunch, an extra tasting of wine in hand.
Can you tell he doesn't get juice boxes very often?
Best friends
Too bad Andrew was too busy eating his sandwich to smile for this one!
Wine Country Diva
No press please
Riding the "roller coaster" down the windy hill into the Sonoma Valley
Rough Day
We decided to cross over into Napa Valley on the way home and made a post nap stop at one of our favorite wineries, Peju.
Getting out some energy before the final car ride home. Such a fun day!















Comments