Tooth Fairy!
On Saturday as we were getting out of the car Anna told me she had something stuck in her teeth that she couldn't get out. I looked in her mouth and was startled to see a tooth coming in behind her two bottom front baby teeth! Her grown up teeth were starting to come in before her baby teeth fell out and guessing that probably wasn't the ideal scenario I called her dentist and left a message to find out what we should do about it. Meanwhile we nicknamed her teeth "sharky teeth" since she was now like a shark with multiple rows of teeth. She enjoyed showing everyone her "sharky teeth". Due to the angle I couldn't get a good picture of it but it looked something like this:
On Tuesday (April 16th) I got a call from the dentist saying that they had a cancellation so I picked up Anna at school early and we headed over to the dentist, anticipating possibly some x-rays and some discussion about the best course of action.
We checked in and the receptionist told me they were likely going to take our her two bottom teeth, and sure enough they did exactly that! Anna was really brave considering I really didn't have any time to prep her about what was going to happen. Luckily she was able to watch her favorite movie (Tangled) for the 15 minutes it took and walked out of the office as good as new. Well, except for the big piece of gauze she had to bite on for the next few 15 minutes :)
We were totally unprepared for the tooth fairy but I knew that a store in the shopping area next to the dentist had some cute tooth fairy boxes so we headed straight there so she could pick something out. Then on the advice of her dentist (who advised soft foods like applesauce, yogurt and ice cream!) we headed to the grocery store and she got to pick out some ice cream - she chose black cherry/vanilla swirl mostly because it was pink!
That night at bed time she packed up her teeth in her tooth fairy pouch and put it under her pillow. After some thought she decided it was best to put it under the pillow she doesn't sleep on so the tooth fairy wouldn't have any problems finding it.
The next morning she opened up the pouch to find this kind note from the Tooth Fairy and 2 shiny gold dollar coins!
Overall Anna was a trooper and is equally proud of her missing teeth as she was her "sharky teeth". I have to admit she looks much older now which makes Z and I a bit sad... where did our little girl go?
On Tuesday (April 16th) I got a call from the dentist saying that they had a cancellation so I picked up Anna at school early and we headed over to the dentist, anticipating possibly some x-rays and some discussion about the best course of action.
We checked in and the receptionist told me they were likely going to take our her two bottom teeth, and sure enough they did exactly that! Anna was really brave considering I really didn't have any time to prep her about what was going to happen. Luckily she was able to watch her favorite movie (Tangled) for the 15 minutes it took and walked out of the office as good as new. Well, except for the big piece of gauze she had to bite on for the next few 15 minutes :)
We were totally unprepared for the tooth fairy but I knew that a store in the shopping area next to the dentist had some cute tooth fairy boxes so we headed straight there so she could pick something out. Then on the advice of her dentist (who advised soft foods like applesauce, yogurt and ice cream!) we headed to the grocery store and she got to pick out some ice cream - she chose black cherry/vanilla swirl mostly because it was pink!
That night at bed time she packed up her teeth in her tooth fairy pouch and put it under her pillow. After some thought she decided it was best to put it under the pillow she doesn't sleep on so the tooth fairy wouldn't have any problems finding it.
The next morning she opened up the pouch to find this kind note from the Tooth Fairy and 2 shiny gold dollar coins!
Overall Anna was a trooper and is equally proud of her missing teeth as she was her "sharky teeth". I have to admit she looks much older now which makes Z and I a bit sad... where did our little girl go?

Comments