Chi-Cado

Chi-Cado. That's how Andrew says Chicago. 

We just came back from a great 4 day trip to Chicago during which we got to spend some time with Gaga and Gramma Jean, have some great meals,  sail on Lake Michigan, and see Notre Dame beat Miami at Soldier Field. 

I think that Andrew would have had a great time even if we had only gone to the airport to watch the planes go by...

First Class. Don't get used to it!

Playing games on the plane with Dad

Cruising the city streets

We were lucky enough to have a friend take us out for a fun (yet chilly!) sail on Lake Michigan. Anna had a BLAST. Andrew, not so much. Turns out he is not a fan of life jackets.






She was having so much fun that Keith put her to work

Saturday morning I managed to meet up with an old friend for breakfast then we all headed out to Solider Field for some tailgate fun. 


Our amazing hosts Keith and Mary. We managed to escape to a kid-less dinner with them on Friday night which was a treat for all of us!


Old friends and their daughters (Kirk, Edie, Zach and Anna)


"Dad, where'd the beer go?"

And its not a real tailgate with this crowd without a little singing... Andrew's first experience with this and he's right in the middle of the action. I should note, Andrew LOVED the tailgate. Happiest he was all weekend.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W7KnPKVV51g?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

After sending the kids back to the house with Gaga and Gramma Jean, Zach and I headed into Soldier Field to watch ND vs. Miami

ND Victory Fireworks (ND won 41-3!)


Andrew with Great Gramma Jean

Tommy (Keith and Mary's son)

Playing. I believe this was Anna saying "Mom! He likes it when I play with him!"

 One last family photo before heading to the airport


Anna posing with her airplane backpack riding the train to the airport. 

Now we all need some sleep!

Comments

Popular Posts