Goldfish


I wouldn't mind turning into a Vermillion Goldfish.
~ Henri Matisse (1869 ~ 1954), 
French artist and painter

One of my favorite things Anna does at her current school as part of Art is to study a different famous artist each month. This includes replicating one of their famous works and in many cases a visit by the posthumous artist to her classroom. The school's director dresses up as the artist, adopts the appropriate accent and tells the kids about his/her life. Anna couldn't believe the day that Henri Matisse showed up in their classroom! "He wasn't as pretty as I thought he would be" she told me.

I think the kids were given a cropped version of The Goldfish and Sculpture similar to this

 And here is Anna's version. Not bad for a 4 year old I guess!

Can't wait to see next month's creation!

Comments

Popular Posts