Baa Baa Black Sheep

Today Anna and I ventured to Little Farm at Tilden Park to celebrate the fact that it finally wasn't raining! It had been a while since we last went and I knew by the fact that she sang "Baa Baa Black Sheep" half the way there that it was going to be a very fun trip for her!

At first she was a little hesitant to feed one of the big cows and would only do it if I helped - which meant I fed the cow and she placed her hand softly on my arm. By the time we got to the goats she was brave enough to give it a try for herself and from then on she was an expert feeder of celery to animals of all shapes and sizes.

We made our way to the sheep, and she serenaded them with a nice rendition of "Baa Baa Black Sheep". I'm sure they loved it :) She adored the pigs. The mother was huge and she had several little piglets. Anna of course wanted to know what each was doing and why. As you might imagine, we spent a lot of time with the piggies.

By the time we made it back to the cows she was thrilled to feed them herself and would end every feeding session with "they really DO love celery!!". All in all a successful trip! (For full photos see http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=12wjh0qd.79awgl0p&x=1&y=-hbt2rj&localeid=en_US)


Bravely feeding a goat


Singing to the Black Sheep

The expert

It's hard to be a mom...

Comments

Popular Posts