A Strange Turn of Events

In a strange turn of events I found myself vacuuming the living room this afternoon for the pure entertainment of my daughter. For over a year she has been terrified of the vacuum and only recently started to tolerate the noise if she was in the right frame of mind.

However, today over lunch she heard a neighbor's vacuum and decided it was high time for me to vacuum. After several minutes of harassment I decided the best option was to indeed vacuum (both for the benefit of my living room and for the entertainment of my daughter). This was definitely not an issue worthy of risking a 2 year old tantrum over... Upon seeing me head toward the closet to get the vacuum, Anna ran over to the couch and climbed up, ready to supervise.

And so I vacuumed. And she smiled and cheered. I have to say, I don't think that I've ever received so much praise over something I was doing in my entire life.

"Great job Mommy!"












"You are doing it so good Mommy!"












Can you vacuum more Mommy?"













"Yay Mommy!"

Truly hilarious. So now I have a clean living room carpet and a happy daughter. What more could a Mom want? :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I can hear her saying all of these things! How flippin cute! Love her!

Nadi ;)

Popular Posts