Different Names for the Same Thing
Caution: Those without children may be offended by the following. You've been warned.
All new parents have experienced it - the unbelievably massive loads of poo that come forth from your little dumpling. It's mindboggling that something so little can create stools of such biblical proportions. But the reason I'm writing about it is that I discovered something hilarious about it when I was in Chicago on business a few weeks ago. In talking with two other brand new dads, I learned that we'd all be so horrified by the experience that we'd come up with our own creative titles to describe it. I polled a few other friends when I got back and came up with the following list. Feel free to add to it in the comments if you have other descriptors that you use...
All new parents have experienced it - the unbelievably massive loads of poo that come forth from your little dumpling. It's mindboggling that something so little can create stools of such biblical proportions. But the reason I'm writing about it is that I discovered something hilarious about it when I was in Chicago on business a few weeks ago. In talking with two other brand new dads, I learned that we'd all be so horrified by the experience that we'd come up with our own creative titles to describe it. I polled a few other friends when I got back and came up with the following list. Feel free to add to it in the comments if you have other descriptors that you use...
- Floodgates
- The Bombardment
- Wardrobe Malfunction
- Poop-Sling
- Backsplasher
And our personal favorite (one that we came up with)...
- Poo-nami
Comments