Baby G Likes Cake

We have now returned from our first family trip to England with Baby G. And what did we learn? Baby G likes cake. Baby G was a big fan of the fact that almost every family event we were involved in seemed to somehow involve cake. All it took was a few bites before Baby G started doing her "cake dance" reminding Mommy G of the massive amounts of sugar she was eating :) All three of us had a good time "on holiday" but Mommy and Baby G are looking forward to returning to a more predictable schedule as we move into week 27.



Baby G did some serious growing while we were away and there are now no more non-maternity pants that still fit Mommy G.... Baby G has also learned a few new tricks since our last posting:
- She now weighs about 2 pounds and is 12-15 inches long!
- She now gets rather upset when Mommy G stops moving around and tries to go to sleep.
- Her hearing system is now completely formed which means she will now become increasingly sensitive to sound.
- Her eyes are almost fully formed.

And we have now reached the point where Baby G would have an excellent chance of surviving should she be born. Of course we want to keep here in there for another few months but its nice to know that should something go wrong at this point she has a good chance of making it on her own.

I am now feeling like I am definitely pregnant and sometimes get a little startled if I catch my own profile in a mirror or window! But overall things are still going well. My week by week pregnancy book suggests a massage, manicure or pedicure for me this week - perhaps I will have to treat myself after surviving 20+ hours on planes over the past week! Daddy G could probably also use a massage after carting my luggage around during our travels - what a good husband!

Finally, to all the family we managed to visit with while we were in England it was great to see you all. Thanks for all your hospitality and hope we can see you again soon!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am so glad that you all had a great trip to the UK! We were thinking about you while you were gone, and missing you! Baby G - I can't wait to see you this weekend and catch up with your Mommy and Daddy!!!

p.s. I know Mommy likes cake too, so you are obviously following in her footsteps!

Love,
ali

Popular Posts