Mommy G Speaks
I figured it was about time for Mommy G to finally speak so I thought I'd give everyone an update on what Baby G has been up to for the last 19 weeks and what Baby G will be up to this week.
Apparently Baby G has been pretty busy recently and has decided its time to remind Mommy G of it every now and then. For about a week I've been able to feel some movement - so far there doesn't seem to be a real pattern as to when I feel it, but it's comforting to feel every now and then.
I'm told Baby G's ears are now functional as well as the part of the brain that processes those sounds, so yes, Allison, every time you say "Hi Baby G!" apparently Baby G can hear you :) Baby G's organs, nerves and muscles are also starting to function and they say it's likely Baby G is playing with the umbilical cord, sucking its thumb and kicking at the amniotic sac (which would explain the aforementioned movement I now feel!)
We are very much looking forward to the next ultrasound - the one you see posted is from 10 and a half weeks so we'll get to see for our own eyes what Baby G has been up to in there.
As of today, I have completed my 19th week which means that Baby G is 17 weeks old - if that's confusing reference Daddy G's posting below :) Right now Baby G is between 5 and 6 inches long and weighs about 7 ounces - apparently about the size of an apple. Here are some of the things that Baby G has on the to-do list for this week:
Apparently Baby G has been pretty busy recently and has decided its time to remind Mommy G of it every now and then. For about a week I've been able to feel some movement - so far there doesn't seem to be a real pattern as to when I feel it, but it's comforting to feel every now and then.
I'm told Baby G's ears are now functional as well as the part of the brain that processes those sounds, so yes, Allison, every time you say "Hi Baby G!" apparently Baby G can hear you :) Baby G's organs, nerves and muscles are also starting to function and they say it's likely Baby G is playing with the umbilical cord, sucking its thumb and kicking at the amniotic sac (which would explain the aforementioned movement I now feel!)
We are very much looking forward to the next ultrasound - the one you see posted is from 10 and a half weeks so we'll get to see for our own eyes what Baby G has been up to in there.
As of today, I have completed my 19th week which means that Baby G is 17 weeks old - if that's confusing reference Daddy G's posting below :) Right now Baby G is between 5 and 6 inches long and weighs about 7 ounces - apparently about the size of an apple. Here are some of the things that Baby G has on the to-do list for this week:
- If Baby G is a girl, her early ovaries are forming eggs. This means that soon half of the genetic material for our future grandchildren will be formed!! That is just amazing to me...
- Areas of nerve cells related to touch, taste, smell, sight and hearing are becoming specialized and forming more complex connections.
- Loud sounds and any feelings of stress I have may be communicated to Baby G and will likely become more active as a result. I'll have to try to contain Daddy G once football season starts! At least Daddy G's stress levels shouldn't have any impact!
Well that's about all for today! Baby G is headed for the doctor on Wednesday to make sure everything is still on track...
Comments
I am so glad to here what you have been up to lately, and what Mommy has been feeling with you around! SO EXCITING! I am also glad to hear that you can hear me when I talk to you. I will now make sure to give you a few more updates on me the next time I see you...
I can't wait to get back on the West Coast to see your Mommy and Daddy and you very soon...LOVE YOU!!!! Allison