Debut of the Digital SLR

It's hard to believe that it's been three weeks since my last post, but I've discovered that when you barely have time to shower, it's hard to get motivated to put a blog post together. Ah, the life of a new parent...

Frequent readers will recall that I absolutely destroyed my trusty old Canon camera while we were in the hospital for Anna's birth. (In this advanced game of rock-paper-scissors, it turns out that "hospital room floor" beats "retractable zoom lens" every time.) Faced with the prospect of buying a new high-end point and shoot or making the leap into the world of digital SLRs, I took the long term view and got myself a new Canon Digital Rebel XT. I still know approximately jack squat about SLR photography, but the image quality alone is enough to already consider this purchase an unqualified success. Big props to Justin for talking me into it and giving me some basic tutorials.

Without further ado, I present the first set of pics of the little one from said camera (a couple teasers below, the full January album here):

Comments

welcome to the wonderful world of SLR's... it's a fun fun place. =)
Justin said…
Good stuff, buddy. You're now going to spend a ton of time trying to figure out how you could have tweaked a shot one way or another to squeeze the max potential out of the rig. Much more gratifying than a point and shoot, but it can become an obsession...

Popular Posts