Big Birthdays

Today was a big day for Anna AND her Daddy. Anna reached the 3 week milestone and her Dad celebrated his 30th birthday! In celebration Anna decided to sleep better during the night last night so Dad wouldn't be quite so sleepy. What a gift! While we couldn't really leave the house for the big 30th celebration we managed to have what I hope was a nice celebratory dinner (complete with birthday candles). Not quite the 3 day weekend trip we had for my 30th birthday but I hope to make up for it once Anna is a bit more mobile!

Anna is doing well - she has definitely figured out the whole eating thing and during the day demands to be fed pretty much every 2 hours. Since feeding takes about 40 minutes or so, that only leaves us with about an hour and 2o minutes to do other things which makes trips out of the house kind of tricky. We're taking each hour as it comes! She is still having issues sleeping when she is not being held that we are working on - if we could have a few hours each night where she was happy on her own it would be great!

Zach is now back at work. Monday was a bit of a rough day - by the time Zach came home I was exhausted! You don't realize how many times a day you need both your hands until you spend most of your day with only one hand free! We are both very happy to see Daddy walk through the door at night! Zach has been so helpful and supportive - we are both very lucky. He has done more than his share of night-time soothing since he went back to work and I know I am extremely blessed to have him.

I am still working (with my one free hand) on posting the pictures of the 1st 3 weeks of Anna's life - but here is a link to some photos taken by Justin when he and Allison came for a visit on New Year's Day.

Comments

Popular Posts